Certified Front Desk Representative START Instructor Guide
START (Skills, Tasks, and Results Training) for Individual Positions offers flexible, and concise instructions on how to perform key tasks, along with the general hospitality knowledge, and soft skills needed to succeed in a front-line position at a lodging property.
The START Instructor Guide for Front Desk Representative is the trainer resource for the START and quickSTART programs for the Front Desk Representative certification.
START is training presented in a classroom setting. quickSTART is training on-the-job.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
• All Employee Knowledge
• Position-Specific Knowledge
• Job Breakdowns (START)
• Skills Validation List (quickSTART)
Instructor Guide includes:
• Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes and activities.
• Printable certification exam questions for the Front Desk Representative position.
• START and quickSTART participant packages for Front Desk Representative are sold separately to include study guide and certification exam scan sheet.
Successful candidates who complete the START or quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Front Desk Representative certification exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate, lapel pin and global recognition for their accomplishment.